(Basic Rules - 10 questions)
Trivia Quiz v 1.0 by POZ (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. How many squares on a regular chessboard?
2. When setting up a chessboard, what color square is in the left corner?
3. When setting up a chessboard, what color square does the lighter queen go on?
4. The row of squares running across a chessboard (from a1 to h1) is called a
5. True or False: In chess you, can jump and capture (as in checkers).
6. Which of the pieces looks most like a castle?
a) the King
b) the Queen
c) the Rook
d) the Bishop
7. True or False: Both Kings must remain on the board the entire game.
8. The square intersecting the d-file and the second rank is called
9. The most powerful pieces on the chessboard are the
a) the Kings.
b) the Queens.
b) the Rooks.
b) the Knights.
10. To deliver checkmate means that your opponent
a) has resigned the game.
b) has to move the King.
c) cannot make a legal move (while not in check).
d) cannot make a legal move (while in check).