Allan Herbert of Barbados has sent a message the 2.3 Zonal has begun in the Dominican Republic. The tournament features four Grandmasters and six IMs attempting to earn a spot in the World Championships cycle. Cuban stars Lenier Domninguez and Lazaro Bruzon are the top seeds. The other two GMs are Manuel Leon Hoyos (Mexico) […]
Archive for the 'Dominican Republic' Category
- Diamond in the Rough… trying to shine (24)
- Chess finds its way to Gambian village (3)
- Daaim Shabazz: US Peace Corps Working Towards...
- Emory Tate’s bio, “Triple Exclam” is here! (47)
- Tate’s bio “Triple Exclam” making moves (10)
- Daaim Shabazz: Carl Portman of Oxfordshire,...
- Anand to visit Kenya during 4.2 subzonal (3)
- Championship shows changing face of U.S. Chess (2)
- FM Colas earns 3rd and final IM norm! (8)
- 2017 U.S. Chess Championship (St. Louis) (6)
- Blitz Battles at Chicago’s Lion’s Paw! (2)
- Daaim Shabazz: NM Marvin Dandridge vs. IM...