If you go to a park in most large cities, there is usually someone with a table trying to hustle chess. These players come out each day and try not to look too conspicuous. They try to look disheveled so that a passer-by will not be intimidated. Then the hustler will lighten their pocket out of a few 20s. However, what happens when the hustler gets hustled? Sometimes a hustler can call someone over and not realize who they are playing. Next time you challenge someone to a game in a park, make sure they’re not a Grandmaster!
- Diamond in the Rough… trying to shine (24)
- Chess finds its way to Gambian village (3)
- Daaim Shabazz: US Peace Corps Working Towards...
- Emory Tate’s bio, “Triple Exclam” is here! (47)
- Tate’s bio “Triple Exclam” making moves (10)
- Daaim Shabazz: Carl Portman of Oxfordshire,...
- Anand to visit Kenya during 4.2 subzonal (3)
- Championship shows changing face of U.S. Chess (2)
- FM Colas earns 3rd and final IM norm! (8)
- 2017 U.S. Chess Championship (St. Louis) (6)
- Blitz Battles at Chicago’s Lion’s Paw! (2)
- Daaim Shabazz: NM Marvin Dandridge vs. IM...