On November 7th, the World Chess Championship will commence in Sochi, Russia. It will be a “rematch” between both Magnus Carlsen and Viswanathan Anand. Last year, Carlsen defeated Anand in Chennai to take the crown and Anand won the Candidate’s tournament to qualify. So it isn’t a rematch in the traditional sense, but it will […]
Archive for November 6th, 2014
- Diamond in the Rough… trying to shine (24)
- Chess finds its way to Gambian village (3)
- Daaim Shabazz: US Peace Corps Working Towards...
- Emory Tate’s bio, “Triple Exclam” is here! (47)
- Tate’s bio “Triple Exclam” making moves (10)
- Daaim Shabazz: Carl Portman of Oxfordshire,...
- Anand to visit Kenya during 4.2 subzonal (3)
- Championship shows changing face of U.S. Chess (2)
- FM Colas earns 3rd and final IM norm! (8)
- 2017 U.S. Chess Championship (St. Louis) (6)
- Blitz Battles at Chicago’s Lion’s Paw! (2)
- Daaim Shabazz: NM Marvin Dandridge vs. IM...