At last year’s Scholastic Open in Cleveland, Tony Dunlap had a vision to make his chess initiative into a national program. Last year, he invited Grandmaster Maurice Ashley who was able to give more legitimacy to such an idea. This year, Alpha Phi Alpha hosted the 3rd Scholastic Open and also invited two more special […]
Archive for November 4th, 2014
- Diamond in the Rough… trying to shine (24)
- Chess finds its way to Gambian village (3)
- Daaim Shabazz: US Peace Corps Working Towards...
- Emory Tate’s bio, “Triple Exclam” is here! (47)
- Tate’s bio “Triple Exclam” making moves (10)
- Daaim Shabazz: Carl Portman of Oxfordshire,...
- Anand to visit Kenya during 4.2 subzonal (3)
- Championship shows changing face of U.S. Chess (2)
- FM Colas earns 3rd and final IM norm! (8)
- 2017 U.S. Chess Championship (St. Louis) (6)
- Blitz Battles at Chicago’s Lion’s Paw! (2)
- Daaim Shabazz: NM Marvin Dandridge vs. IM...