South Africa continues to forge ahead with “Moves for Life” initiative launched in 2010. President Jacob Zuma gave the program his full backing and the program has sprouted to offer chess instruction to thousands of young boys and girls. Some of the takeaway benefits are motor skills, critical thinking, concentration and discipline. All of these traits have been proven in countless studies on the benefits of chess. Malusi Lekalakala and Marisa van der Merwe, Founder/Trustee are featured on the five-minute interview.
- Emory Tate’s bio, “Triple Exclam” is here! (47)
- Tate’s bio “Triple Exclam” making moves (10)
- Daaim Shabazz: Carl Portman of Oxfordshire,...
- Anand to visit Kenya during 4.2 subzonal (3)
- Championship shows changing face of U.S. Chess (2)
- FM Colas earns 3rd and final IM norm! (8)
- 2017 U.S. Chess Championship (St. Louis) (6)
- Blitz Battles at Chicago’s Lion’s Paw! (2)
- Daaim Shabazz: NM Marvin Dandridge vs. IM...
- Diamond in the Rough… trying to shine (22)