A couple of days ago, GM Maurice Ashley contacted The Chess Drum with some startling news. He announced the launch of “Millionaire Chess” a theme tournament with a guaranteed $1,000,000 prize fund! Back in 2005, Ashley hosted the HB Global Chess Tournament which at the time boasted the largest prize fund of any open tournament […]
Archive for December 12th, 2013
- Tate’s bio “Triple Exclam” making moves (5)
- Murphy’s Law: Thoughts on Millionaire Chess (2)
- Gavin Raiford: If Jones’ peak rating was...
- Meeting Walter Harris, Chess Pioneer (7)
- Ron Compton: Walt and I served in the USAF in...
- Emory Tate’s bio, “Triple Exclam” is here! (22)
- Creating Black History in Chess (4)
- Triple Exclam!!! The Life and Games of Emory Tate, Chess Warrior (24)
- Daaim Shabazz: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact:...
- Akinseye interviews ACC’s Lewis Ncube (2)
- Akinov: if the above link is not connecting try...
- Justus Williams earns 3rd IM norm! (8)
- Chess finds its way to Gambian village (2)
- IAN WILKINSON (JAMAICA): Great stuff!