In Jamaica, the music genre is known for the “clashes” between the reggae dons. This weekend the “chess dons” take centre stage and play for the undisputed crown of Jamaican champion. The national championship ended in a tie for first between defending champion Damion Davy and Andrew Mellace. These playoffs will also determine board #1 at the Olympiad. Both men ended with 6.5/9 points in a star-studded field. Jamaican Federation President Ian Wilkinson reports on the match.
- 2017 Tata Steel Chess (Wijk aan Zee) (4)
- Ray “Dragon” Robinson passes away (3)
- Triple Exclam!!! The Life and Games of Emory Tate, Chess Warrior (15)
- Microsoft co-Founder and KCF launch “Chess Masters for Africa” (3)
- Review: Life of a King (24)
- Michael Hill: I am a Native Washingtonian and I...
- Expert Adia Onyango… New York’s chess charm (11)
- Daaim Shabazz: Never saw Jamaal’s...
- The Drum Majors of Chess: Part Three (8)
- Hope Arthurine Anderson: Jamaican Legend (4)
- Jamaica’s mourns chess pioneer Dr. Hope Anderson (4)