Detroit City Chess Club is continuing to do good works under the leadership of Kevin Fite. The Detroit Institute of Arts is host to the thriving chess community comprised primarily of Elementary School players. Sherman Redden Jr., one of the top scholastic players in the Detroit area, tells how his father made him take up chess after he teased his chess-playing sister for being a “nerd.” Walter Shoulders, a DCCC Board Chairman, gives an overview of the initiative.
- Emory Tate’s bio, “Triple Exclam” is here! (49)
- FM Colas earns 3rd and final IM norm! (9)
- Diamond in the Rough… trying to shine (24)
- Chess finds its way to Gambian village (3)
- Daaim Shabazz: US Peace Corps Working Towards...
- Tate’s bio “Triple Exclam” making moves (10)
- Daaim Shabazz: Carl Portman of Oxfordshire,...
- Anand to visit Kenya during 4.2 subzonal (3)
- Championship shows changing face of U.S. Chess (2)
- 2017 U.S. Chess Championship (St. Louis) (6)
- Blitz Battles at Chicago’s Lion’s Paw! (2)
- Daaim Shabazz: NM Marvin Dandridge vs. IM...