Adekunle Elegbede has sent a report from Nigeria that the federation will hold the first stage of their Olympiad Qualifiers March 21st-27th. The field will include 118 players including 64 men and 54 women in a nine-round Swiss. Each field will produce 10 players for a round robin where the top five players will represent Nigeria in Khanty-Mansiysk, Russia (September 19th-October 4th). Each federation will have until May 20th to submit the preliminary registration and the final roster of players must reach the FIDE Secretariat on or before July 15th.
- Emory Tate’s bio, “Triple Exclam” is here! (49)
- FM Colas earns 3rd and final IM norm! (9)
- Diamond in the Rough… trying to shine (24)
- Chess finds its way to Gambian village (3)
- Daaim Shabazz: US Peace Corps Working Towards...
- Tate’s bio “Triple Exclam” making moves (10)
- Daaim Shabazz: Carl Portman of Oxfordshire,...
- Anand to visit Kenya during 4.2 subzonal (3)
- Championship shows changing face of U.S. Chess (2)
- 2017 U.S. Chess Championship (St. Louis) (6)
- Blitz Battles at Chicago’s Lion’s Paw! (2)
- Daaim Shabazz: NM Marvin Dandridge vs. IM...